Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

jeni: Monday

Hi all,
How fun to see everyone's news. Sorry you're sick Alana.

We had a nice Sunday, a few friends came by for bagels, fruit, sweets, and wine. Liz brought her dog Rosie (one of her many dogs) and Cody just wanted to "dominate" her the whole time. Rosie wasn't too pleased. We had to keep him separated. (It gave me strength to go ahead with Monday's plan) Later Adam and I worked out at Hopkins gym. (We are going through the motions of all this, and I have this little headache, thinking about Hedi all the time. I think I am trying to problem solve constantly...like what is the best scarf solution, what would make this whole phase easier, when are the best times to be there, how can I possibly be helpful during this time?)

It was a hectic morning, trying to get the dogs up, walked, and fed (Sierra got breakfast, Cody didn't) before racing off to the vet during the 7:30-9:00 drop off time. Cody didn't want to go in. He was comforted by snuggling next to Adam and me (kind of made me feel bad). We tried to explain that he was going to stay overnight and that we'd be back. (He understood of course) He got weighed...49 pounds. Then when they came back to take him to the back he balked...wouldn't walk down the hall to the back rooms. He jumped back on the scale as if to say, "I'll do THIS again, but don't make me go back there!" He's gone for a few days now. They do the surgery this morning, then watch them until tomorrow. Hope he's okay. We can pick him up after 4:00 tomorrow afternoon. Sierra will have us all to herself for a few days.

Bill reports that things are going well down in Atlanta. He is preparing to write some grants, so it will be a sprint to the deadlines.

2 comments:

Mooch said...

Thanks! Ug, I had a temp of 99.6 and I think that it got higher, but then the medicine kicked in so now I'm normal ^_^ I think.

Mitsu said...

Hello from sick bay. Hedi is sleeping a lot and not feeling too well but has been getting up off and on so it means she's a LITTLE better than she was yesterday or the day before. Hopefully, the next few days will be better. I hope at least she'll have a few good days before the next round of chemo.

Alana is home in bed today too with a slight fever. She had some Japanese udon (she loves that stuff!) and went right back to bed.

So I'm here, the nurse and housekeeper!

Post a Comment