Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

jeni: about dog ice cream

We used to give Roger ice cream and I didn't notice any particular ill effects. But I have heard it's not the greatest idea to give a dog lots of ice cream. Kai--you said dogs are lactose intolerant--interesting. I didn't know that.

I do know that there is a special dog ice cream. It's called...Frosty Paws...and you get it in the ice cream section at the regular market. Cody and Sierra love it. It comes in little Hoodsie type cups. There might also be another brand whose name escapes me. Anyway, Frosty Paws has soy instead of milk. Actually, my physician said most (human) adults are lactose intolerant...that milk is designed for baby cows, not grown humans. haha

3 comments:

Hedi said...

dog ice cream in the human section?? I wonder if people sometimes get mixed up! I wonder if it matters. do they leave the sugar out? Have you tasted it?

Jeni said...

Right, I don't think it has sugar. I haven't tasted it. I think Bill (or Aaron) did and said it doesn't taste that good...but the dogs love it. Go figure. Of course, they haven't had real strawberry ice cream before. haha.

Jeni said...

Wait a second...I DID notice that Cody's system was going out of whack when we were giving him cheese, cottage cheese, and yogurt. So I took him off dairy. I just thought that was a quirk of his! Guess not.

Post a Comment