Wednesday, April 15, 2009
mitsu:
I found a bag of raw peanuts at Sprouts and Hedi boiled them just like Yosh used to and they all enjoyed the soggy peanuts. (I did too, but I shouldn't indulge because it's too salty!) Hedi is reverting back to being like her dad! She opened a can of corned beef hash, also a can of baked beans the other day. Also playing poker reminds me of those days when Yosh's family from Hawaii played poker in our living room in Sierra Madre. Grandma Yasutake who lived with us then was absolutedly scandalized. She was always an diehard anti-gambling person who wouldn't even permit a deck of cards in our house. Which accounts for my saying "I bet two clovers" when I was playing cards for the first time with my roommates at the dormitory in college in Cinicnnati. It created quite an uproar.
2 comments:
I remember those soggy peanuts. Is hedi eating pistachios too? How about that dried beef that came in little jars that became juice glasses? Mmmm…. Salty!
I remember those soggy peanuts too. What about those little cubes of caramel (Brach's) that he loved so much. Wonder if Hedi is craving those too.
Post a Comment