Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

UPDATE ON BILL

Bill had a heart attack on Saturday March 22nd in the am
Jeni flew to Atlanta on Sunday am.
He is in the hospital til Tuesday.

_________________
We are so grateful Bill is doing well... considering the circumstances.


Here is the cutest hospital picture ever:




________________

Update Per Jeni


11:05pm on Sunday

Hi! I konked out in one of those recliner chairs next  to Bill's bed  using my handy take-to-the-hospital  travel sack... Woke up just now and brushed my teeth and washed up. Bill is doing well but we are still in the ICU ( well actually cardiac care unit room 315) til at least tomorrow. He was having some atrial fibrillation on and off and they wanted to watch him closely. The MD says its common after an MI ...the heart is irritable right now. but Bill  did all the right things yesterday... He called 911 right when he knew it was serious. That was crucial.

 He will probably be in til Tuesday. No big deal... I'll stay here with him. Now I'm in a waiting room trying to sleep on a four foot couch. I feel so tall. But as a back sleeper being able to lie flat feels great.

I noticed a hospital bed and a gurney in one hall on the way to the loo... Briefly considered sleeping there -- haha.  It's pretty calm here... Terrific set up with the nursing station in the middle.... And the rooms around the edge. Nurses enter the room from a door leading from the nursing station. Guests walk around a hall on  the outside perimeter to enter a given room. That way you have zero contact with other families. Lots of privacy that way.

Love

J


11:27

I wanted to call everyone but didn't have a chance yet... and really didn't know much yet. It felt bad to call and get everyone worried. Tomorrow they will do a complete echo cardiogram. They just did a bedside one so far since it's the weekend.

The good news is it seems he hasn't had much heart muscle damage. Yes it's hard keeping up...

No comments:

Post a Comment