Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Discharge today! We hope.

Last night Bill walked around a bit but he could only walk around the room and out the door about 10 feet because  he's tethered to the monitoring equipment. Usually people in the ER are not too ambulatory so they don't have portable devices for that.  

This morning the cloud of MDs came in again  ( albeit a smaller one) and talked about things: eg  the list of medications, discharge, cardiac rehab.  

The MD in charge of this unit( the one who was once Bill's student at Hopkins)  said Bill needs to go to a class upstairs on the fourth floor ... Cardiac education or something. We 'probably' will  get out of here early afternoon, he said. Why probably? I asked. You haven't been in the hospital much have you, he laughed. 

Bill ordered an omelette saying I got this because we can share.  When I looked up moments later he had scarfed it down completely.  Oh, sorry! He said. At least he's hungry again! 

1 comment:

kai said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! I hope BIll can leave the hospital today. When he checks out, what are your plans? Will you be staying in Atlanta, or be heading back up to Baltimore?

Post a Comment