Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

swim meet


I'm so happy. I got to see Evan swim today for the first time this season.

He had a loose tooth and busied himself between races, wiggling his tooth 'til it finally gave in and fell out. (I'm not recommending this, but, to see the bloody mess in his mouth, double click the photo below to make it larger.)

Evan tried really hard today. He did great in all his races even though he missed practices these past weeks because of his vacation. We don't have the "official" results yet, but from the looks of things, he placed first and achieved a new personal best in each of his four events. I managed to get little video clips of each swim. (Excited spectator alert: if you watch the clips, you might consider turning the volume down.)

Mia and Uncle Stephen saw Evan swim in his first two events. It was fun to have them there.