Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

jeni:

We relaxed at home for the first part of the day. I found some old comic books of Adams upstairs and the kids got into reading them. They had watched the Dark Knight the night before and Alana was thinking a lot about the complexity and depth of the stories in the Batman series. Pretty interesting stuff.

Later, we finally got around to going to the pool. It is called Meadowbrook, and is where the North Baltimore Aquatic Club swims. That's the club that Michael Phelps trained at during his growing up years. He now owns...and plans to renovate it. We looked at the swim meet boards and saw Michael Phelps (and others) names...and the times of the competitive swimmers at Evan's level.

As luck would have it, the club was preparing for a meet. The big divider that cuts the pool length in half (for some lanes) was moved aside and ran lengthwise in the sidemost lane. To do laps one had to swim the full length of the pool although you could swim in the side lane where they had moved the divider. I pointed out to Evan that he could just use that lane if he liked.

Then, Evan went in with Adam. Adam began doing some laps. Evan contemplated the length of the pool for a brief moment...then set out doing laps too. :o Jeni went in to cool off and watch the swimming...but stayed in the free swim lane. Alana relaxed and read her book. Then Evan and Jeni got out and went to the concession so that Evan could get a cheeseburger. I showed him the locker room, the concession, and the jacuzzi, which was covered up due to the meet. Evan would have liked to use the jacuzzi (he was cold), but it's for 16 and up only. Boo. Jeni went to the airport to pick up Jason and Bill came to the pool too (I might edit this later since it's a bit choppy...but I'm tired. I should have stayed in bed a bit longer)

Later, we all did a BBQ at the house and just hung out...

No comments:

Post a Comment